Thursday, 30 December 2010

Update!

I had plans for some sewing between Christmas and New Year but I haven't worked on what I had in mind.

I had it in mind to make up this bag pattern. I bought it and the fabric to make it at the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham in August
but.........
I have made up another couple of blocks to go with these. I have it in mind to make a quilt for our bed with this blocks because I really love this fabric (Moda Rouenneries). I sent for a bit more to add to what I've got.

I received this little bag from a Winter Solstice swap organised by Sue. It is very cute and I will use it for small knitting projects.

The Oh! Bearded One is doing well. He has started driving again this week, just short distances in daylight which he has coped well with. Meg approves, she now gets to go on some of her favorite walks and not just 'round the lump' as before. He's off sick for another 3-4 weeks and then he'll see how he feels as his job does involve a lot of driving and computer work which will be wearing until he fully adjusts. I'm back at work as well so life is returning to what passes for normal in our household other than we still have to get the biopsy results but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy new year to you and sincerely hope you both get the news you're waiting for xxx

sewkalico said...

All the best for you and yours (esp. the Oh Bearded one) in 2011. Sorry, I've not kept up with you, but hope to do so again. Maybe we can do the Advent swap again in 2011 if all calms down in our lives :-)
All the best xka

Miss 376 said...

It alaways seems as if a milestone has been reached when you can drive again, your husband sounds as if he is making great progress and adjusting well

Quilting Grannie said...

Love the quilt blocks. Those will make a lover quilt for your bed. I got a kit for making a quilting sweatshirt jacket. I am working on it. It will be shown on my blog when I get it finished, in a few days.