Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Today's news

 I've been meaning to show this little candlemat for ages. This candlemat was my candlemat swap present from Wendy. Thank you Wendy. It is now residing under a Christmas tree in my conservatory. It looks realy pretty.

 Here is Mum & Dad's quilt (their Christmas pressie), back from the quilters. The quilt pattern is from Bradie at Quiltcetera. It ran as a 2 block per week BOM. It was great fun to do and I am really pleased with the end product. The binding is now on and I've just got to finish handsewing it in place.


On these two blocks the quilting can be seen. Unfortuately the photos don't do justice to the sheen on the thread that has been used. Thank you Jude (quilter).


I went to see the Oh! Bearded One this afternoon. He wasn't too good, he had a lot of pain and had been given painkillers so I didn't stop that long and left him to rest. He comes home tomorrow and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. It isn't really surprising he wasn't great, it was onlt 24 hours since the op and he has had muscles cut, also the reality of it all will have hit home. Upward and onward, that's all we can do.

8 comments:

BubzRugz said...

The quilt looks beautiful.... hope Oh Bearded One feels lots better soon.....
Hugz

Sue said...

The quilt is lovely. What a great job you did on it.

I hope he's feeling better soon. The day after surgery has always been the hardest for me. The adrenilane surge has worn off and the pain seems real.

julieQ said...

What a gorgeous quilt! Love the quilting...just all of it is wonderful!Hope the bearded one is just fine soon.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Just catching up on all your news. Hope things settle down for your DH. ((hugs))

Love your quilt for your Mom and Dad...stunning!

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness, that quilt for your parents is fabulous! What a gorgeous piece of work!
So sorry your husband has been ill. Recovery is a slow process, and I will keep him in my thoughts and pray for the very best results from his surgery.

Cheryl said...

Your quilt for your parents is lovely and I hope Oh bearded one is feeling better today! Take care of yourself as well. Merry Christmas.

QuiltSue said...

Hope he's feeling better today?

The quilt you made for your parents is wonderful. I love the fabric colours you chose.

Quilting By Jeannie said...

The quilt is beautiful. Hope all goes well with your husband when he gets home, but I expect if he is like most men, will want alot of attention and waiting on hand and foot, so remember to try to keep your patience and if necessary leave the room, and go sew