Tuesday, 14 December 2010

It's done!

First of all thank you so much for your messages of support, they are much appreciated.

The Oh! Bearded One had his operation in the middle of the day and I saw him at about 4pm. He was sitting up, feeling fine and cracking silly jokes which is always a good sign. I've spoken to him on the phone about 10 minutes ago and he was still OK other than he is too hot and is concerned about not being able to sleep tonight because he hates being too hot and also he is 'seeing' white and patterns where his eye should be, he was expecting it to be black. He is finding it rather disconcerting. I am assuming this is happening because the optic nerve to that eye hasn't yet 'switched off. He has been walking about the ward and has had something to eat.

Today I've been on an emotional rollercoaster, I've had several very tearful episodes and I wandered about Liverpool city centre in a daze. It's a good job I've done my Christmas shopping, I couldn't have made a decision to save my life today.

On other news - I got 'my first quilt' completely finished last night and it is over my lap as we 'speak'.

Tomorrow I am planning to go through the house with the vac and a mop so I've finished creating dust in the air before the Oh! Bearded One comes home from hospital on Thursday. I am concerned about dust or animal hair getting into his wound.

6 comments:

Sue said...

I'm glad to hear his surgery went well. Take care of yourself, this is hard on you, too. We're thinking about you.
Sue

Jackie said...

Wow! I can't believe he's up walking around, eating, etc so soon. It sounds like he's doing really, really well. Hugs to you both.

Miss 376 said...

So glad the operation went well. It will take a little while for both of you to adjust, but it will come in time. Enjoy snuggling in your quilt until he comes home

Quilting By Jeannie said...

My prayers are with both of you. Hope recovery goes smoothly

QuiltSue said...

I'm glad the operation is over and went well.

I hope he did sleep OK in the end?

MARY PERNULA said...

Glad your hubby is doing well, Love your blog, will come back for a longer visit. HUGS FROM THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST MARY