Tuesday, 26 October 2010

Odds & ends

This post is about odds & ends.

Look at these 9 patchs!!! These are from the 9 patch swap that Julie organised, aren't they just so lovely? This swap has had me very excited and now I've recieved the blocks I'm not disappointed. Thank you so much, ladies, that took part in this swap, there are going to be some beautiful quilts made from these. At present I am fancing putting them on their points in lines with soild blocks in lines in between.  

 I probably won't get to making this quilt up for a while because I need fabric for it and I've not got much time at present to sort it.

 On Saturday it was my birthday and DD made me a lovely birthday cake. We had a day in Chester as we had to pick up the men's suits from the hirer's for the wedding next Saturday. There was DD, Oh! Bearded One, my Mum & Dad and myself. We had breakfast in Chester city centre as we got there early and on the way back to Northwich we had lunch at one of our favorite pubs in Kesall. I did very well as I had been out on Friday night on a do for work and got back very late so I had very little sleep. I just had to have a little nap later in the day!

 What is it with animals and quilts? This quilt is one I made earlier in the year for my God-Daughter's 18th birthday. I had to give it to her unfinished as I had run out of time (story of my life), anyway, I want to get it finished this week if I can as she is coming to DD's wedding and it would be nice for her to take it back to Sheffield with her. When the quilt was attached to the sewing machine Molly sat on it, next thing I am using the ironing board to attach the binding and she has to move and sit on it again!  It has well and truely been tested! 

This quilt is now at the quilters, except it is waiting for its backing. I feel like a proper quilter now I've put my first quilt out to a quilter.

4 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love 9 patches - In fact, just recently posted a picture of a 9 patch on point that I want to make. blessings, marlene

Miss 376 said...

My cats do the same, I've lost count of the number of times the boys come and take them off. Within seconds, they are back again

julieQ said...

I am so glad the nine patches got there and you are enjoying them!

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG you have your's back.............mine should be here soon.........I can see my 2 blocks......navy/goldy colours........have fun planning.......