Sunday, 17 October 2010

A bit of a do!

A week on Saturday my DD gets married!

Yesterday we had a little tea party for her. She has already had her hen party with her friends, she went to Blackpool for the weekend 2/3rd Oct. Jan (MIL) & I decided we would have this little 'do' so some of our family could come together and get to know each other a bit before the big day.

This is me! Look! glasses in hand, they have to go everywhere with me-lol! Next Saturday is my 49th birthday. I'm telling you my age as next year is the big 50 and although I don't like getting older I am going to celebrate it!


Here is my Mum! She hates having her photo taken so I did well here to get her to look at the camera.  

Here is the Bride to be! She is getting excited now and we are all looking forward to the big day! I hope you are all ready to be bored to death by the photos! 


Why am I showing you a photo of a cake. Well! this is a rare example of me baking something! I used to love cooking and baking but these days I do anything to avoid them but I couldn't get away with not baking a cake for this occasion. It is a coffee and walnut sponge. Enjoy! it might be the last for a while. I need to go and lie down in a darken room to get over the shock.

Tomorrow quilty stuff!

4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

happy birthday for next Saturday.......

Victoria Paige said...

Congratulations! I know how special that day can be. Your daughter is beautiful!

The cake looks delectable. Yum yum!

loulee said...

Congratulations to your DD.

Margreet said...

You had a great tea party with your family! I looks really nice, the pictures of 3 generations. Have a nice week! Bye, Margreet