Sunday, 12 September 2010

Summer Star Summer Quilt Along

This weekend I have completed my Summer Star Sampler Quilt. It is now a flimsy waiting to be quilted. As this quilt is for my Mum & Dad for Christmas I'm going to send it out to be quilted as I don't feel I can fight with it under my domestic sewing machine.

Yesterday I cut out, made up and bordered the centre. This was as fiddly as I thought it would be but I'm really proud of myself for completing it and to a reasonable standard. This quilt isn't competation standard but it is reasonable and I've learnt a lot by making it and as a consequence my technique has got better.

This is the centre bordered.

The blocks laid out before it was all put together.

The Oh! Bearded One holding the finished flimsy.
Thank you so much to Bradie.


4 comments:

Miss 376 said...

Oh, that is lovely. Your parents are going to be so pleased with it, well done

Terry said...

Your quilt top looks great!! Love all those stars! :0)

Melanie said...

Lovely work the border really made it come together well.

Great job!

Mishka said...

Your summer star is gorgeous! Love the fabrics you chose. I hope to finish mine soon.