Wednesday, 29 September 2010

Knitting!

There isn't much quilting going on at present as I've had to put the sewing machine and all the bits away as we are now on a four week count down to DD & Gromit's wedding on 3oth October and there has to be a mad cleaning spree to get the house presentable for visitors.

........................but there is knitting going on as it is portable and I am able to pick it up and put it down more easily.

I was knitting this cardi.....................
..................with this yarn but I've frogged it as I would much rather do this pattern........

from this magazine..................

But at present I'm knitting this......................

in this (Sirdar Escape DK, shade 0178). I've done the back so far and have just started the left front. This yarn was bought from my LYS in Northwich.



I'm knitting the cardi on this pattern for a girl at work who has a baby at the end of November

The yarn is Sirdar Snuggly DK in shade 0260. It was bought from John Lewis at the Trafford Centre
I bought these little stitcheries at the Festival of Quilts in August. They came from Mandy at Dandylion Designs. I love Mandy's designs. These designs are going to be tree decorations when they are finished. These are also great as I can pick them up and put them down.









4 comments:

Melanie said...

Looks like you have some lovely portable projects on the go. I've been clearing the decks of the bigger stuff. Will share at the weekend.

Sue said...

You've been very busy. I finished a hat this week and started some matching mitts, but ripped them out. I can't seem to make mitts that fit my little hands so I think I'll stop trying.

Hands Sew Full said...

Those little stitcheries are lovely! I am just learning to stitch. And I am new to blogging too!

belinda said...

Your little stitcheries will be soooo sweetly cute when you are finished with them!!
Woo Hoo...a wedding coming up too...you must be soooooooo busy!!