Sunday, 29 August 2010

Online quilty things!

This is how far I've got with my little hexies for 'Frosted Flakes' BOM The hexie template is slightly bigger that the on used on the original pattern but I didn't feel I could cope with that one as it is very small to me. These 5 'flowers' are the ones I've completed so far. All the hexies I need for this project are basted but nothing has been attached to the background fabric yet although that is prepared.

This is the fabric I bought at the Festival of Quilts for the 9 patch swap that Julie is hosting for us

Now cut up and becoming 9 patches. I hope the fabric is right, Julie, I not very 'up' on repro fabrics. The top photo is a truer representation of the colours. I love these 2 colours.


Here is my finished applique posy needlecase that Mishka hosted. It is now winging its way to Oz, to Shari.

Here is the needlecase I received - from Liesbeth in Holland.
I love these on line swaps. I enjoy planning fabrics etc, making the items and then receiving mine.
I am so looking forward to receiving my 9 patch blocks. I've even decided what sort of quilt top I am going to make. Some of the quilters taking part are very well known in the blog world and are excellent quilters. I hope my blocks are up to standard, I have tried very hard to be accurate with mine as I don't want to think my blocks couldn't be used in a quilt top as they weren't up to scratch. It will be really nice to have blocks made by these other ladies taking part from all over the world and knowing what good quilters they are!




9 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

Liesbeth- I have tried to find your blog so I can comment on it, to thank you for my needlecase but I've been unsuccessful so far. I'll try again.

If you see this thank you again for my needlcase, it is lovely and I'm using it for my hexies sewing.

Chookyblue...... said...

hey I am in the nine patch swap too.........

Liesbeth Wessels said...

Hello Ailsa,

I'm glad the needle case is arrived. I saw your note on my blog.
I love your frosty flakes. I 'm going to make them too. An you bought lovely fabric in Birmingham.
The link from your blog to my blog is not right. I understand it is a difficult name for you because it is dutch. The meaning is colourfull live.

This is the adress: http//kleurrijkleven.blogspot.com
greetings from Liesbeth

Shari said...

Hi Ailsa! Thank you so much for my lovely needle case. I really like it! The one you received is lovely as well...

PS Try contacting our swap host at Quilting Gallery for Liesbeth's email...

Jacky and Steph said...

Hello - got to your blog via a Hexagon group - and see you were at the Festival of Quilts. We were there 'Cupcake Cottons' - unfortunately didn't get much time to get off our stand! I like your hexagons!

Melanie said...

What lovely hexagons. I hope you have a lot of fun with paper piecing.

I think it was a great idea to have a needlecase swap. A lot of fun too. What a lovely one you gave and received.

Sue said...

The top photo looks like it will make a Christmas quilt. I really like the fabrics you used in it.

julieQ said...

Beautiful! Just exactly right...thank you so much, just gorgeous!

Angie said...

Love your hexie colors! Your needlecases are adorable!! And the 9-patches for Julie are luscious.