Sunday, 8 August 2010

Blocks 9 & 10 and other things!

Blocks 9 & 10 for the Summer Star Sampler quilt

Still on track! I'm amazed that life hasn't got in the way of completing these! Although this coming week maybe more difficult as I'm going back up to Edinburgh on Tuesday with SofM with all his stuff and then I'm working the rest of the week but I'll try to keep up.

This block isn't perfect but I think I'll get away with it when the quilt is put together and quilted. I might decide to redo it has I'm not sure the contrast between the light paisley and the green is enough but I'll wait until all the blocks are completed and then see what it looks like.

This block went together well.

So ten blocks now! Blocks 11 & 12 come out on Tuesday and then the week after it is the centre medallion which will be the really hard bit for me I think.

Here is my needlecase in progress for the applique needlecase swap. This must be finished this week as it needs to be in the post by next week.

I've got fed up with threads, bits & pieces laying about in my sewing area so I made this little container to put them in

Its so much better to put them is this than them laying about!


I have found another use for this Moda Peace on Earth jelly roll, I'm using part of it for the 'Frosted Flakes' BOM


I've done a bit more to my crocheted blanket. I think this will become a knee blanket for wheelchair users at work. I do a bit each evening while I'm blog reading and watching T.V.

I picked this little jug from our Bric-a-brack stall at work's Summer fair & BBQ last weekend. I'm going to give it Mum for her birthday tomorrow, she has a small collection on a shelf in her kitchen and I think it will go in there.









4 comments:

Miss 376 said...

You've done well to keep up with these blocks, they look lovely together. Have a safe trip this week

Julia said...

Hi Ailsa, thank you for your comment on my blog..Your Summer star blocks are lovely, I love star blocks..and your crochet rug is so colourful and lovely, someone will be lucky to receive it.
Julia

Annette said...

Wow, you are very busy. Beautiful projects. I especially love the hexie flowers on your blog header. Gorgeous!

Melanie said...

What a lovely catch up post. I had to do one of those as my computer broke.

Your blocks look great. It's good that you crochet as well as sew. Aparently it is rare.