Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Look what I found

Back in May my Scout group had a jumble sale. My Mum gave me a box with some bits & bobs in it for the jumble sale. Before i took it I had a rummage............

and found these............

I notice that there is a fashion for re-fashioning old embroideries which is why I kept these back, as well as the fact that my Mum did these,

Mum did me a couple of tray cloths like these, she must have done these at the same time.


This one is a cushion cover and I love the colours and I am going to use it for a cushion when I get round to buying the cushion pad.

I don't know yet what I'll do with the others but I'm sure I'll get inspiration from a blog at some point.



2 comments:

Sue said...

Those are lovely.

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

The top two took me right back to my childhood. I had an aunt who used to embroider tray cloths and cushion covers and she got me embroidering as well.
I remember making the top two designs but I don't know what happened to them.
I can'r embroider for toffee these days so that is one skill that didn't stay in my memory.