Monday, 12 July 2010

What I've been up to

I haven't felt like blogging but I have been reading other people's blogs and have had all sorts of instipration which has meant I've been busy with needle, thread and a credit card.

First purchases.

I've joined the quilty blogs world's obsession with Schibbles and have bought Schinbbles times two.

I've bought 2 Moda Mill House Inn layer cakes and intend to make one of the two quilts below.




I have also bought Pam & Nicky Lintott's new book. I like 14 out of 18 designs so I'm going to be busy.

I've made this to be given as a Christmas present


I've just had this sewing machine serviced and I used it to quilt this table topper. It is stitching like a dream now but I can't wind bobbins on it as the bobbin winder is broken and the part needed isn't available. The feed dogs were just sticking and a good greasing sorted that out. The machine is 30 years old and there weren't as many of these machines sold as there were the 830s so parts aren't readily available which a shame.


I completely finished this little table topper and it is ready to be given as a present.


I have informally joined 'A Quilty Kind of Girl's' Summer Star Sampler quilt along. These are blocks 1 & 2. I am using Makower's Winchester and several other FQ's out of my stash for this quilt. I've not yet put the button on my blog because I wanted to be sure I can keep up with it.



I really like how these have turned out and can't wait for the next 2 blocks.



Meg & Molly have been enjoying the sunshine!

This bench is Meg's favorite sun bathing place!










1 comment:

Miss 376 said...

I still use my mum's new home machine that must be about the same age. Glad you got yours working again.