Tuesday, 11 May 2010

Another quilt, knitting & other bits

This is the other quilt I've been working on whilst I was on holiday the week before last.

It measures about 46 x 46 and is made from a charm pack, 1 FQ (binding) and 2 x half metres of Moda Rouenneries. When I first saw this range I thought I didn't like it but I love it and have ordered some more from The Fat Quarter Shop yesterday (but don't tell the Oh! Bearded One I've been spending money) I haven't quite got the colour placement right but in real life it looks fine. I find if I take a photo of colour or block lay out I can see errors more clearly, they stick out like a sore thumb to me.


You haven't seen Meg & Molly for nearly 3 months so here they are! This is very unusual, both in one place at the same time, usually Meg is trying to play with Molly and she is hissing and clawing!


I've been doing a bit of knitting. I fell in love with the toys in this supplement to a copy of 'Simply Knitting'.

The photo below shows my effort at Mother bear


It is being knitted in Rowan felted tweed 4ply or at least I think it is.



I love chickens so I couldn't resist this


Not finished yet!


Knitting for summer. A new 'Flirt' pattern but knitted in Sirdar Calico which is a lot cheaper. This piece of knitting looks very strange but it is because the garment is knitted from side to side.


I know this is a winter cardi but I just love the yarn I am using which is definitely Rowan Felted Tweed DK.

The colour is a sort of heathery damson, a bit darker and richer in reality.


I've been card making and I need to make a lot more as the rack at work is empty again.





These cards were made with the free papers out of 'Making cards' magazine which I buy every month


I've also been dabbling in some jewellery making, these are my efforts so far.












2 comments:

sewkalico said...

You have been so busy. Great quilts and wonderful knitting! I love that winter cardi you are knitting and that colour is glorious!

Sue said...

Wow, have you ever been busy!! I love making toys and your bears are adorable. Be sure and show us the chicken when she's finished.

It's cute to see your two furry companions sharing a comfy spot. I love when two of mine snuggle up together.