Monday, 4 January 2010

A finish!

I can't believe how time flys.....................

I started this quilt in the summer of 2008

The top went together really well and really quickly.................


but then it sat..........and sat............because I wasn't brave enough to have a go at machine quilting. The first time I tried to quilt it it was awful. I tried quilting in the ditch but the backing was puckering up. I unpicked it and left it again................

Between Christmas and New Year I decided to have another go at machine quilting and get some projects finished before I allow myself to start anything new.
So here is my 1st effort. It isn't perfect by any means but I'm really pleased with it.
This can be December's 'One project a month' finish.



6 comments:

Chocolate Cat said...

Congratulations, always nice to have a finish especially when it has been around a while (which would be all of my projects!!). You have done really well with the quilting , not something I've attempted yet!

Miss 376 said...

What a lovely finish, it looks great. Just the weather to enjoy snuggling under it too

Andrea said...

Brilliant for a first attempt. Well done. I much prefer meandering than quilt in the ditch.

Sue said...

It looks good from here. I haven't worked up the courage to try quilting my first one.

debi said...

It looks excellent - much better than the results I have! Is it a disappearing 9 patch?

Mad about Craft said...

Debi, yes it is a disappearing 9 patch. i really enjoyed doing these blocks and I've another 9 like them to make up into another lap quilt.