Thursday, 10 December 2009

Xmas in our house, part 2

Christmas in our house, part 2.
This is the second tree we have, which is in the conservatory. It is smaller than the sitting room tree and has all the family favourites on that have been collected over the years. I started buying tree ornaments for the children when they were little (one each). As they are now 22 (tomorrow)and 19, that's a lot of ornaments. When they leave home and take them all with them the tree will be bare!
Isn't this little snowman cute? It belongs to DD and she loves it. I'll really miss it when she takes it to a new home.

A cute clown, I'm not sure who this belongs to. My Mum has an even more cute clown that I hope to inherit.
I also love this penguin.

This little girl is a recent addition, bought last year or the year before, for DD.

The one is another vintage ornament belonging to my parents-in-law..............

...............as are these two. The Oh! Bearded One isn't given to sentimentality but he has been quite touched that I've used quite a lot of his parents tree ornaments on the trees. He sees it as continuity, as I also do and it gives me great pleasure to continue to use these ornaments.

This little angel sits on the top of this little tree. We inherited it when we bought my in-laws house in the early 80's when we first got married. I didn't use her at first and she stayed in a box but for quite a few years now she sits on top the tree. This became more important once my in-laws died. She must date back to the 70's.

This is such a cute snowman. Gromit's Mum, Jan, gave him to me as an early Christmas present. She wanted me to get some use from him.

Since I took the photo of this tree I've decorated the banister. I put this decoration up every year but this is the first time I've managed to put lights on it.
DD's birthday tomorrow and I will get her to make the draw for the Christmas Robin wallhanging. It's not too late to make a comment as we won't make the draw until tomorrow evening after we have been out for a meal.









1 comment:

Sue said...

It's such fun to look at the old ornaments that have passed thru the family. We have some of those, too.

I think the penguin is my favorite.