Saturday, 29 August 2009

So tired!!

How come quilting makes me as tired as doing a 12 hour shift at work?

I've started on my 'Stepping Stones' quilt from Pam & Nicky Lintott's book 'Layer cake, Jelly roll & Charm quilts'. I spent about 4 hours on it yesterday and about 6 hours today. Tonight I'm so tired, I can't believe that quilting makes you that tired.

To show for those hours I've got 144 4 & half 4 patch units, lots of 4 & half squares and 196 pairs of triangles that I've started to sew together.

I'm using 'Morris Workshop' from Moda. I think it is going to make quite a muted quilt.

Piles of 4 patch units and squares.

In the process of sewing 196 pairs of triangles.

Because you have to buy a minium of half a yard of fabric when buying yardage from The Fat Quarter shop I've still got 12 FQs left. These will be added to my stash as I don't know what I'm going to do with them at present although I probably will need to use one of them for the binding.


3 comments:

loulee said...

That's a lot of pieces.

Sue said...

Wow, I can see how working with those little pieces can tire you. My fingers aren't as nimble as they used to be and working with very small things is more difficult than I like to admit.

Miss 376 said...

You have the patience of a saint! It's going to be a lovely quilt