Monday, 24 August 2009

More knitting

I'm really into my knitting at present. There are so many lovely things to knit, I keep starting things but I've not finished anything yet - the story of my life. DD gets very cross with me. She asks me what I'm knitting and what has happened something I've been knitting previously and then she tells me off for starting something new - lol

The yarn in this photo was bought in a sale in Edinburgh when I was visiting SofM. I had in mind to knit this pattern with it but I started the pattern below but it came out far too big so I ripped it back and the yarn is now sitting in my stash.

I've started it again, this time it Patons 100% cotton, in a smaller size and it seems to be working out so far. I keep doing a few rows and it is a wee bit longer now.

This is a scarf pattern out of Debbie Bliss's book 'Donegal Tweed' called Inishowen. I'm using more Donegal Tweed bought reduced from Stash Fine Yarns of Chester. It is a Christmas present for my Sister in Law (she doesn't know about my blog) This is a very simple lace pattern but you wouldn't believe how many times I've had to take it back to correct it and theres me wanting to knit a lace shawl pattern!!

This is more yarn for this scarf for another Christmas present but I haven't decided who I'll knit it for yet.







2 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautiful projects, Ailsa. I'm pretty much a process knitter myself. I love the process and the end result isn't necessarily the goal. In fact, I seem to suffer a letdown when I do manage to finally finish something.

Enjoy. I look forward to seeing your works in progress.

Sue said...

I need you to come start a few projects for me. I can't seem to get going.