Friday, 31 July 2009

Scout camp


I'm off to Scout camp tomorrow, to the National Sea Scout Jamboree, for a week. I'm hoping to do some more bell boating (as in the photo above).
This camp is to celebrate 100 years of Sea Scouting. It should be really good fun. I am going mainly to do the cooking. On a lot of camps the Scouts do their own cooking but on an activitiy camp like this it is easy and quicker to have an adult doing the cooking.
I am hoping to get quite a bit of knitting, hand sewing and reading in between cooking meals. I don't have to wash up, that's what the Scouts are for -lol.
I'm past the armholes on the back of 'Killybegs' and I'll be taking it with me, I still haven't decided what hand sewing to take.
See you in a week!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Have fun, hope you have good weather.

Jo in TAS said...

Hi Ailsa, Could you please email Fiona (Mother's Cupboard)or myself about the Advent Swap ASAP

Jo in TAS said...

Hi Ailsa,
Your advent swap partner Annette has not heard from you. She said she has sent you an email, please reply to her before Saturday 22nd August. The terms of the swap are that you communicate weekly!