Saturday, 6 June 2009

Xmas cross stitch

Do you remember this? I bought it at the crsft show I went to with DD at Aintree racecourse in Liverpool in April.

I've started it. I haven't got very far as I have only had one sitting at it so far.

You can't really tell how nice the colours are from this photo but they are lovely and subtle. I'm going to really enjoy doing this but I need you to ask me how I'm getting on with it from time to time. This will keep me working on it, especially if I know people are expecting a finish.
This is my 198th post so guess what? there is a give away in the offing for my 200th post. One of the things that will be in the give away is a handmade pincushion made by my own fair hands!! So watch this space.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I just started a new cross stitch, too. It looks like it's going to take a while, lots of bright colors.

A give away, what fun. Count me in.

The Calico Quilter said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly the posts accumulate? I just checked and I'm on number 378 - and I only started Oct. 2007.

That cross stitch will be beautiful. Haven't done any in years - that and needlepoint used to be my pastimes. Then the quilting bug bit. . .