Wednesday, 10 June 2009

Moving forward

Look how far I've got with my black, white & red quilt.

I am really pleased as to how well the blocks have gone together. I think the careful trimming down of the squares has had a lot to do with how well they went together. They aren't completely perfect but they shouldn't be should they? I've started pinning them in rows which, hopefully, I'll finish on Friday. Then I'll need to make decisions about borders. I am thinking a narrow black border and a wider red one. What do you think? Comments gratefully received.

I shouldn't be working on this, I should be finishing my Spring Blooms mini quilt swap. I am now not working on Sunday because I worked last Sunday when I was on holiday so I will have a good go at it then. I know what I'm going to do so it shouldn't take too long I hope.

6 comments:

loulee said...

I like the sound of the red border. It's very striking amid all that black.

Kathy said...

I love the quilt! I also love the color combination. It's one of my favorites.

You've done great work.

.x.Helen.x. said...

I really like your border idea. The thin black would frame the design and then the wider red pieces would really lift the colours. Just my tuppence worth!

Melanie said...

That is looking good. I like how the black and whites interact with one another.

I'd go for either a narrow red or black and a wider white backgrounded fabric for the borders. Please feel free to ignore though as I am new to quilting and still have trouble picking fabric.

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

I think it looks great. Although not a quilter I love bright colours and think that these go together very well.
I am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

JannArt said...

Very striking. I think it looks really good.