Saturday, 25 April 2009

I'm back! again!

Hello, I'm back!! With lots of photos!!

Here's Meg sunning herself on the last day of our holiday. I'll show more holiday photos when the Oh! Bearded One has downloaded his photos. We mainly used his camera as I left mine on a table at the birthday party we went to at the beginning of the holiday. It was picked up by a friend and had a trip to Sheffield and back to Beverley (that's where the party was).

This is where I'm up to with my Grandmother's Flower garden quilt. I worked on it every day while we were away.

I'm concentrating on making up the flowers now, as I need the choice when adding them to the main quilt. I am still loving doing it although I've not managed to do very much since we've come back.

Whilst I was away I visited a craft shop in Pocklington called Poppies. It was a really nice shop and they sold cardmaking and scrapbook making items, some cross stitch kits and lots of yarn including Rowan and Sirdar. I bought this sock yarn and some ribbons for card making. This colourway is a new one I'm told. Now you know what I'm like with starting socks and then something going wrong and me not finishing them, you will just have to watch this space to see if I finish them!

I really want to knit a summer top. There are some lovely patterns about but not quite right for me for one reason or another. I came across this pattern in a shop called Westcoast Knitting supplies in Frodsham - so far, so good! The yarn is Sirdar Calico which is 50% cotton and 50% viscose which makes the yarn much lighter than 100% cotton.

Today DD and I went to a Creative Stitches & Hobbycrafts show at Aintree Racecourse in Liverpool. This is the first time we've been to this show. I thought it was quite a good show, it's a good venue but the coffee was expensive for the amount you got. I didn't buy loads this time as we have already got so much craft stuff.

There were quite a variety of stalls including some quilting ones. I bought this cute bobbin winder from the Janome sewing machine stall.

I love it's little handle, it's very cute!


I've got a thing about chickens at the moment, as you can see from these 2 sitting on my kitchen windowsill.

As you can see here, I've bought another one today. I also bought something I've not bought for ages - cross stitch charts and a kit.
Cross stitch was my 2nd craft love after knitting. I almost exclusively did cross stitch for 20 years but since I started card making, scrapbooking and quilting I haven't done any although I've got kits started and not finished. I just fell in love with these.

This is a chart from 'Bent Creek' despite this particular chart is copyrighted 2002. I've not heard of this company but it's a lovely chart and I loved the finished design. I think it would look nice above a door.

This is a very poor photo. This is a kit from 'The Victoria Sampler' of the Nativity in the snow. The colours in the sample at the show were just beautiful. It was an expensive kit but I'll enjoy doing it and I know DD will treasure it when I'm long gone.









8 comments:

Sue said...

You're going to be a busy lady. Good. I've just started cross stitching again after a rest of almost four years. It feels good to be doing it again.

JannArt said...

I love the cross stitch kits and the chicken. Hope you had a good day.

Looks like you have lots of projects on the go - the patchwork is looking good. Can't wait to see more of it.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Sounds like a wonderful day out. The sidewinder looks handy...I'd be interested to hear how you like it...I've debated about buying one for some time.

Faith said...

You have some lovely things there, plenty to keep you busy, I have also joined the Spring Mini Quilt Swap and busy experimenting with that at the moment.

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

The flower quilt is looking gorgeous. You have far more patience that I have.
Meg is looking good. My day care dog Zippy is similar facially but has lots of darker patches but he is a very nervous dog.
I love the Regia colours. I must look around for some 6ply as it works up so quickly.

Aunt Spicy said...

What fun adventures and fun purchases! So many projects, can't wait to see the results!

Visiting from the Spring Blooms Mini Quilt Swap!

Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi,
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I just love your Grandmother's Flower Garden. I haven't worked on my for in a while. I've always wanted a bobbin winder...do you like yours?
~Karen~

dreameyce said...

What a beautiful Bully, and quilt!