Monday, 2 March 2009

Progress

Just to show where I'm up to with my current craft projects.

This is my Moda Roman Holiday jelly roll 'Grandmother's Flower Garden Hexagon quilt which is being hand stitched. I love hand stitching, this probably goes back to the days when I just did cross stitch.

I am card making at present as the card rack at work is virtually empty. Recently I have bought some decoupage card packs - Forever Friends and Daisy & Dandalion.


These packs are really good value - £2.99 for 4 decoupage sheets and 4 backing papers. The pack will make 8 cards and there will be bits & bobs left over to use on other cards.

These are the cards I've made so far.

I've completed the back and am up to the armholes on the first sleeve of this King Cole cardi.





6 comments:

Sue said...

The quilt is coming along nicely. It's going to be beautiful. I can't imagine hand stitching an entire quilt.

You've certainly been busy with quilting, card making and knitting. I have only one project going on just now.

loulee said...

Phew, wow! You're all busy. Your hexagons are looking great.

Ruth's Place said...

LOVE the hexagon quilt. It is going to be stunning.

Great cards too. I really should get back into doing that...

Miss 376 said...

What lovely cards and I love the colour of that yarn

The Calico Quilter said...

Your flower garden hexagons are looking lovely. I've never had the nerve to try those! Are you using the English paper piecing method and whip-stitching the hexagons together, or marking the seam lines on the reverse and hand sewing the seams? Either way, that's a lot of hand sewing.

Mad about Craft said...

Yes, I am using the english paper piecing method and whipping stitching. It is quite a slow method but portable and satisfying, I am also not in a hurry.