Sunday, 8 February 2009

This week's crafting

Whilst I've been on holiday from work I have started catching up on things that have got out of hand since before Christmas and whilst I was doing that assignment. One of the things I wanted to do was sort out my yarn stash and decide what I really wanted to knit and what yarn I really wanted to keep. I've actually frogged one or two things and am sending quite a lot of yarn to the charity shop as I know I'm not going to use it. I don't have enough storage either to keep stuff I'm not going to use. I need to be more circumspect about what yarn & patterns I decide to buy, I am far too impulsive.
If you check this post out you will see the photo of the pattern I am knitting with this yarn. I am now up to the armholes on the back. It's a great knit whilst I'm blogging!

This is where I'm up to on my Grandmother's flower garden quilt, I've also stitched together one more flower and I've got 3-4 prepped to stitch together. Press the link on my sidebar for The Great Hexagon Quilt-along to see some other really beautiful quilts

This is my Febuary finish for the 'One project a month' challenge. These fingerless mitts have been hanging around for ever. I'm not sure what I'm going to tackle now for March's project but I'm sure I'll find something.


I've started very early for Christmas 2009, these are plain socks for my Dad in 'Schoppel Wolle - Admiral Bambus'colour 1905 Aqua using Violet Green's pattern. This is the first time I've used this pattern. I really want to get more confident knitting socks, I want to move onto some patterned ones.



3 comments:

Krafty Kathryn said...

Your quilt is coming along beautifully and I hope your husband is making a good recovery.

Miss 376 said...

What beautiful colours in the yarn you are using, must be a pleasure to knit

Zoe said...

Love the colours in that yarn. It looks lovely