Sunday, 1 February 2009

Knitting plans

On Friday I nipped into Northwich on my way home from work and went into my LYS 'Crafty Stitches'. I had a fancy for knitting a v-necked jumper (see middle pattern, top pic) but of course I was completely side tracked.

I bought this pattern for the tank top on the left. King Cole patterns are really good value as you get 2 patterns for the price of one. In the Autumn I started a cardigan in this yarn (King Cole Mirage), the pattern was from the Autumn 08 copy of Women's Weekly knitting booklet. I've fallen out of love with this so I might use the yarn for this tank top.

I didn't buy any yarn for the v-necked jumper. I bought this (King Cole Mirage, different colourway) instead. I'm going to knit the one on the right. This yarn will go with some trousers I bought when I went to Edinburgh in October as well as jeans.


I bought this yarn when I went to Edinburgh as well, it was in a sale. I had started a cardigan with it but it was turning out too big so that was frogged and I've bought this pattern to use with it instead.


3 comments:

Sue said...

Wow, you have been busy. I like the hats, the quilt is going to be beautiful. Remember to show it to us when it's finished.

You had a good time at the knitting shop, didn't you. I love some of the patterns you picked out, the last two especially. I want to see pictures when you're done. I may need the pattern names and numbers on one or two of them.

Proverbs 31 said...

Ailsa I have just bought a king cole pattern for a little slipover too ( I have an abundance of yarn ) it's almost finished & I have yarn to knit the cadi on the pattern as well. Such good value especially when so many companies are selling their patterns in book form & you know you won't knit anything else from the book!!! Can't wait to see the finished product btw I love your hexagons !!!Marie x

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh my goodness you are going to be busy!! Can't wait to see your finished articles!