Thursday, 8 January 2009

1st finish of the year!

Well! I got showered, dressed and went downstairs to sit for the first time in 6 days. I've been so tired! In the last couple of days I have been able to sleep for Britain. I should be working a night shift tonight but I don't think I could stay awake which isn't safe.

Tomorrow it's back to the assignment I need to finish. I've got tomorrow and Monday!


I've got my first finish for the year 2009 so it will show up on my one a month challenge sidebar when I set it up! This is the 2nd hat I've knitted using this pattern. The 1st hat was sent to my SIL for Christmas. I spoke to her last night and she appeared to like it very much which is good. It's a bit nervewracking giving a knitted pressie to a knitter!
The top photo is my DD modeling, this photo is me modeling. This hat is the first in 3 that I am knitting for my best friend and her daughters, my 2 God-daughters. The yarn is Debbie Bliss Donegal Aran Tweed, this one is a heathery colour, I am knitting the 2nd in a red and the 3rd in pink then they will have to fight over who has which colour. After I've knitted these I've a limey green I want to knit for myself and my DD wants a dark grey one.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Glad you're feeling better. I have some ufos to finish up before I can start a new project. My fingers are itching to cast on something new.

Chocolate Cat said...

Hope you are feeling a lot lot better soon! Those hats are great.

Quirky said...

Here's hoping you are well again! The hat is lovely....and congratulations on your first finish for the year. The challenge is a great idea, isn't it?

Sue
Western Australia