Monday, 5 January 2009

New Year Resolutions

Last year I made 2 lots of New Year resolutions - here & here. I have been very poor at keeping them. I've only kept one and part of another which were on the personal list. I've not dropped out of social things unless I've had a really good reason, not just because I didn't feel like it. I'm really pleased that I've achieved that, it has been an important step forward, away from the depression. The one I partly achieved was seeing Mum & Dad more and I'll keep on with that one. The craft ones I've not kept at all!

Consequently I've thought more carefully about this year's resolutions. I'm not going to make any craft ones other than I have asked to join May Britt & Kris's 'one project a month' challenge. I hope this will help me have some staying power to complete some of the things I've got on the needles or in the quilting hoop.

I have some ideas of things I would like to start. I want to make both my Mum & DD a quilt. I would like to make a table runner to use and Christmas and I would like to make more hand made Christmas presents but I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't achieve them but I hope I'll have fun trying. I hope there is another SCSS type thing later in the year, I loved doing that and I'm up for doing it again.

I'm not starting any new quilts until I've finished SofM's as he keeps asking for it, I'm also hand quilting a lap quilt I want to finish as well before any new ones are started.

I love blogs but the trouble is I keep seeing lovely things I want to do and there aren't enough hours in a day!

4 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

I know what you mean about seeing too many things out in blogland that you want to do...hard to stay focused! Good luck with the resolutions!

clarabelle said...

Good luck for 2009, Ailsa! Thank you for your support with the grey-hair thing - though yours looks a lot better than mine, I reckon!

best wishes, clarabellex

Chocolate Cat said...

What sensible resolutions! I am hoping to be a lot more motivated to craft this year - it is my 'me' time!Lets hope we are both successful.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Ailsa! I agree with the title of your blog - no matter HOW much time you spend, there is never quite ENOUGH time to craft! Tee! Hee! Hee! Glad you've joined our challenge and look forward to seeing your projects in progress, and finished. Make a list of the ones you want to tackle after you finish some of your WISP's and that will be part of your incentive!! That's what I'm doing! Happy stitching - Bear Hugs! KRIS