Sunday, 18 January 2009

I've been very naughty!!!

I've been spending money!! I've been to a quilt fabric sale. Once a year in Nantwich there is a quilt fabric sale, several sellers get together and sell their wares with reductions. I've been looking forward to it for several weeks and I've been planning what I was going to buy.

This jelly roll and these fat quarters are from the Moda Simplicity range and they are for a quilt for DD. She wants a quilt in pale colours with a predominance of pink, she also wants cupcakes, flowers and butterflys on it!! Watch this space, I have a plan. The jelly roll was reduced by 25% and the fat quarters were reduced by 10%.

This jelly roll is Moda Roman Holiday and the other fabric is one of the fabrics from the range. This fabric is to make a Grandma's flower garden quilt. I've wanted to a hexagon quilt for a while. I love the idea of hand piecing and I've been inspired to start one by The Great Hexagon Quilt-Along blog. This afternoon I cut the whole jelly roll into 2 & half inch squares and have managed to start some hexs together. The jelly roll was a bit tatty around the edges but once cut up it's going to be fine and at 50% off I'm not complaining. I love this fabric range, I've seen some lovely quilts in blogland made from this range.

These 3 fabrics are from Makower Zen range. I've a charm pack in this and with these 3 fabrics I should be able to make a small lap quilt.

The white fabric on the bolt is 3 metres of Timeless Treasures and is for the borders for DD's quilt and sticheries. I couldn't resist the Moda charm pack at over a third off. The other fabrics I bought because I liked them.
I am really pleased with my purchases and I have now got my quilting and knitting projects planned for the year. I have also done some shopping online but that's for another post.



10 comments:

Janice said...

I love all your selections. Can't wait to see some of the finished quilts. I couldn't get the link to The Great Hexagon Quilt-Along blog to work. Do youhave another link to it?

Janice said...

I just left a comment and it disappeared!!! Lets try again. I love your selections, can't wait to see some of the finished quilts. I couldn't get the link to the hexagon blog to work.Do you have anopther link?

Andrea said...

I was there too. What time were you about ? I bought a fair bit of stuff including some of the Yen range.

loulee1 said...

Treasure.
lots of fun to be had with all these new goodies.

Robyn said...

Hi Ailsa?
I can't wait to see what you're going to do here...it sounds interesting, fun and lovely!
I'm glad the Great Hexagon Quilt-Along has inspired you...Pop on over any time...you'd be most welcome to join us if you wish :c)
hugs
Robyn xx

Janice said...

I love the fabrics you bought. I would love to check out the hexagon quilt along blog but your link isn't working.

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

As a person whose sewing skills are limited to badly stitched on buttons I stand in awe of your quilt making.
The colours look gorgeous and I shall look forward to seeing the finished quilts.
I hope that your cold has gone now and your nose is back to the right colour again.

Proverbs 31 said...

What lovely fabric I have decided to be good this year & not buy until I use up my vast supply!!!!!! Marie x

Sue said...

Wow, looks like you've been having fun. Be sure to let us see your progress.

FeatherDuster said...

I love all these fabrics! Lucky you.

The ones you have for your hexagon quilt are going to make it very soft and pretty. :-)