Monday, 3 November 2008

Missing in Action!

I'm here really!

I've had a week's annual leave from work, I go back tomorrow.

I went to Edinburgh to see SofM - of course he's absolutely fine and we had a lovely couple of days.

I then had a couple of quiet days, knitting, working on my SCSS project and dreaming about quilting - then.....................

I got a dog, I hadn't been planning to get a dog at this moment in my life - she's an 8 month old white & red Staffie! I went into work on Friday morning and this dog got into the home. I was the one that sorted it out and found out who the owner was. We thought at first she was a stray as she is a bit thin and very dirty. It turned out the the owner was a local farmer (my Nursing Home is on a residential site for over 55's, in the middle of a rural area). When he turned up for her he asked me whether I wanted her. I asked 'why', he said that they had got her to keep one of their Jack Russells company whilst she was in season which I didn't really understand but it wasn't working out as she kept going to find humans and running off the farm. Whilst I had been waiting I had been weighing up whether I wanted her or not. I've actually been wanting another dog for a number of years now but the Oh! Bearded One has been reluctant.

Poor Oh! Bearded One, he is the most kindest, patient man. I've done this to him before, he was working away from home and I took into my head to go to the RSPCA and get a dog. I had told him before hand but he turned up on a Friday evening when I was at work and let himself. Jess (a Labrador/Lurcher cross) wasn't too happy but they became the best of friends and he was very upset when she died. We had her 14 years, I think this is why he is reluctant to have another dog, because of the attachment and then letting go.

I rang him at work to tell him, he wasn't happy obviously, I asked him to wait to make a judgement until he had seen her and bless him he likes her and hopefully they will go for lots of walks together but not until she has had some obedience training. Molly (cat) isn't very happy and I'm not sure what to do to help the situation at present, I don't want to make a difficult situation worse.

We've named her Meg.

So very little knitting done this weekend!!

10 comments:

mandycharlie said...

How can you tell us you have a new dog, without piccies!

Good luck with Meg and I hope Molly and Meg soon find a way to become friends.

Gina said...

That's how we got Stan. His owner didn't want him so I brought him home. He didn't take kindly to Mal coming home from work the first night either.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Andrea said...

Sounds like Meg knew where to come. Hope she settles in well and makes friends with Molly.

jillquilts said...

Congrats on the addition to the family! I can't wait to see Meg's picture!

Proverbs 31 said...

Welcome back I hope you enjoyed your "break". I would love a little dog but DH says it's a no no maybe I should just go get one & bring it home lol!!!!!! Marie x

trashalou said...

Congratulations on your new hound. That is a cause for smiling in anyone's day!

I am blog-hopping my way through ChookyBlue's SSCS list and hurrah! You are first.

June said...

Good luck with your new dog. Dogs are such adorable creatures and bring such a lot of happiness to us. I cannot imagine life without a dog sharing it.

Chocolate Cat said...

Welcome to Meg!!! Sure she will bring your family a lot of joy. Glad you found your son happy and okay when you went to visit.

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

The best kind of dogs are the ones that you don't plan on having,
I inherited my son's dog Buster literally overnight. I wasn't sure if it was the right decision but I really do miss him now that he is with my son again. They took him back whilst I had my operation.
I think I will have to dognap him as they seem to want to keep him again!

Kathy said...

I really didn't want a dog but Zach did so we caved in and let him get one.

It bonded with me instead so now the Professor is mine.

They really grab at your hearts. I'm sure you husband will be in love in no time.