Friday, 24 October 2008

Try again next year

I had a birthday yesterday which turned into a bit of a non event. I worked in the morning, went to bed in the afternoon as I am sooooo tired at the moment and the meal we should have eaten in a localish pub was cancelled as they had a power cut - never mind, there's next year!

I had some lovely birthday presents though! A portable DVD player with carrying case which I really wanted, I want to be able to use it when I'm card making and quilting as the 2 areas I use for these activities don't have TVs in them. I also was given a necklace with earrings set, a Dove toiletries set, flowers and some other bits.

On Sunday I'm off to north of the border, to Edinburgh to see SofM.

10 comments:

Proverbs 31 said...

Happy belated birthday!!!!!!!! Marie x

Kathy said...

Happy belated birthday!

Sorry it didn't work out for you but you can always have a make-up day. Or two.

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

Belated Happy Birthday wishes. Better luck with the meal out next year.

Gina said...

Happy birthday. Pity your meal was cancelled.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

ruthsplace said...

Oh! Happy late birthday! I hope you managed to fit some celebrations in after the day.

Enjoy your trip.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

No No No....that's no good...you have to celebrate you birthday THIS year...This weekend go and have a meal out or eat some cake and ice cream...something to celebrate!! If all else fails...get thee to thy nearest fabric store and buy yourself something you love!
Hope you find some way of celebrating! Happy Birthday!

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

Belated Happy Birthday wishes.
Jan X

jay670120 said...

sorry to hear your birthday didnt go as planned but sounds like you have a lot of lovely people around you bearing gifts anyway !! , if you are feeling a little more lucky & fancy entering our mid monthly competitions for craft prizes, or our weekly challenges for fun and inspiration , pop in and sign up free at our crafting site www.fiskarettes.co.uk
x jayne x !!!

Chocolate Cat said...

A belated Happy Birthday! Sounds like you got some lovely gifts.

Elizabethd said...

I've just found you via Marie. I'm a quilter and cross stitcher living in France. I'll be back to visit you soon.