Wednesday, 1 October 2008

Things in waiting

This post is photo heavy as I haven't posted photos for a while. The photos are of things I've started but not finished


This quilt top is waiting to be quilted but I won't start it until I've finished the other 2 on the go.

These socks have been frogged and knitted more times than I've had hot dinners. At the moment they are not far off where they were in this photo - one complete and the other ready to knit the heel flap.

This quilt top is one of the 2 that is being hand quilted. This quilt is supposed to be for a collegue at work who has had so much ill fortune you wouldn't believe it if I told you. The only trouble is that it has taken me so long to get on with it, she is going through a settled period. I have decided just to carry on with it because I'll probably need to give it to her at some point.



This yarn is Sirdar Just Soya and it was going to be a summer short sleeved cardi but I decided I wouldn't wear it so it has been frogged and the yarn is waiting to be reknitted.


I frogged this because I really can't stand knitting moss stitch. The yarn is a Rowan yarn but I can't just think which one. It'll get knitted up into something I'm sure.


This is Noro Silk Garden which a love dispite the hedgerow being spun into it. This garment has been frogged though because it was going to work out too small but I'm going to try it again.


I am very cross with myself because I've lost this pattern. It's somewhere in the house but I just don't know where. It will be some other pattern I can't find either. Once I've finished SofM's jumper I want to get this started so I'm going to have to pray to St. Anthony to help me find it!
I am very pleased to report that DD is feeling much better. I think the talk we had and the good cry she had has helped but If she feels that low again she will be going to the Doctor's. Thank you for the concern and kind comments.
She and I have been out this afternoon for a couple of hours and she seemed her normal cheerful self. We had a lovely lunch of homemade chunky veggie soup and bread, it was lovely. We were at Lady Heyes Craft centre. We went to have a look at Crab Apple crafts for card making stuff. The owner of this shop appears on crafting shows on QVC, I am afraid I never watch QVC so I've not seen her.






3 comments:

Proverbs 31 said...

Glad to see I'm not alone in restarting knitting projects because I go off them lol!!!! It's great yout daughter is feeling better sometimes a good cry helps us all! I am very envious of you having crab apple crafts near you I have watched this lady on qvc & she's lovely!!!! I love your quilts you've inspired me to finish a few I've started & will do so once I catch up on my housework this morning!!!!! Marie x
p.s. hope you find your pattern M X

Linda said...

Great job - everything looks wonderful!!
Sorry you misplaced your pattern - Hope you find it soon!!
Linda

Chocolate Cat said...

Glad to hear DD is a bit better. I think you need a few more hours in the day to get all these bits and pieces finished - you are SO busy!!