Monday, 18 August 2008

An update on the quilt.

This week I am working office hours as my manager is on holiday which means I have more time in the evenings.

Tonight I had another go at machine quilting. i did a practice piece first which was OK then I had a go on SofM's quilt but I wasn't happy with it. The tension wasn't right. I am wondering whether it has anything to the different weights og batting. SofM's is heavier. i need to mess about more but at present I haven't got time. I have decided to hand quilt the bits I have decided upon, add the buttons and then add the binding. If I still think it needs 'holding together' more I'll do some hand tieing.

Because of the messing about on the sewing machine I only managed to stitch one square tonight but there's always tomorrow night!

No comments: