Sunday, 17 August 2008

Still having that panic attack!


Do you remember this? This is SofM's quilt that I am making for him to take to Uni. As you are aware he goes in just under a month's time. This quilt is made from 2 Moda Marbles charm packs and a couple of metres of Moda Marbles. The blocks went together pretty well and the hand quilting is quite easy, just time consuming when you are in a hurry.

I have worked out that it takes me an hour to do the stitching on one of these squares. I have about 34 squares I want to stitch, that's 12 evenings working on 3 squares per evening. Then there is some machine quilting I want to do and sewing 16 buttons in place. Now there is a small possibility that I can do this but what is worrying me is that I haven't worked out how to machine quilt! If I can successfully learn how to quilt in the ditch I've cracked it! Watch this space!!!
I've managed 1 & a half squares tonight and I should manage a bit more. No knitting today!

7 comments:

Kathleen said...

Fantastic quilt, loving the hand stiching. You'll manage and I look forward to continuing to see the progress.

Ruth's Place said...

Your hand quilting is stunning, and I love the colours in the quilt!

Kathy said...

Wow! Handstitching. Very impressive. I normally do all my mending by hand because I hate getting the machine out, but when I was doing props for our old church's drama department, I sewed them all by hand.

But my stitches weren't as even as yours.

Good work.

scarletti said...

Oh you have your work! Is maths a blessing or a curse? Keep going, keep counting!

Miss 376 said...

This quilt is fantastic. The handquilting is beautiful

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the hand quilting! Good luck in getting it done on time. Love the green you have used.

YankeeQuilter said...

Your hand quilting is wonderful. Stitch in the ditch is easy. I usually do that before I do any hand-quilting but I guess it doesn't make a difference. Best of luck! Don't let it stress you out!!!