Thursday, 14 August 2008

Son of Mine!

If you live in the UK you will be aware that the A levels results came out today.

Well! Son of Mine got his this morning. He wants to take chemistry at Heriot Watt Universary in Edinburgh. For the course he wants to do he needed 2 C's and a D. He got 1 C and 2 D's. Whoops!!! We had a sticky time this morning until he was able to confirm with the university as to whether they would accept him with those grades. They will!!!!!

Happy, happy dance!!!!!

SofM has always been very laid back, too laid back and I've always worried that he wouldn't do enough work to succeed. He did work, a little bit too late but he got there in the end, thank goodness.

We have now got a month to prepare as his term starts on 15th Sept, scary, scary! I will miss him lots!

I'm going to have to get that quilt finished!

3 comments:

Sweet P said...

Congrats to your son! I hope he has a successful school year.

Gina said...

Give your son my congratulations.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

anne bebbington said...

Well done to your son - tricky time this, DD1 is expecting her GCSE's this week. My nephew also wants to do Chemistry down here in Bath (about an hour from us) He needed an A and 2 B's - thankfully he got 2 A's and a B and so is in comfortably - wouldn't want to be that age again myself for all the tea in China!