Tuesday, 19 August 2008

A new yarn shop!

No hand quilting today, I couldn't face this evening when I came in from work. I feel really tired today and a bit 'under the weather' so I'm blogging and knitting instead.

This afternoon I had to do an assessment at the private hospital in Cheadle. After I had done that I nipped along to Didsbury and went into Sew In. This shop is a yarn and haberdashery shop with a little bit of needlecraft thrown in. They sell Rowan, a small amount of Noro, Sirdar, Debbie Bliss and Patons. They have a small amount of sock yarn and other odds & sods. The knitting notions were a bit limited, they didn't seem to have all the needle sizes and the only dpns were 2 sizes of Brittanys which looked like they were the popular ones for sock knitting. They may have had more but as I didn't want any I didn't ask. The assistant was friendly, helpful and would have helped if I wanted her to.

Of course I can't go into a new shop and not buy anything. I bought Twilleys Of Stamford Freedom Sincere baby book. Freedom Sincere is 100% cotton, very like Debbie Bliss's and Rowan's but a bit cheaper! I bought 3 balls of the yarn too and I have started a little jacket with a hood for the girl at work who is pregnant (I'll still try and make a little lap quilt for her as well). I also bought a new season Sirdar pattern (9063) in one of their new seasons' yarn - Tweedie Chunky. They haven't their stock of this yarn in yet which I was pleased about as I didn't want to buy it yet. This pattern is a long line waistcoat with a cable pattern up the front.

I will take photos of all things I'm up to as soon as I can so you can see what I've been up to.

3 comments:

Miss 376 said...

Knitting is great for those sort of days. I have to go into those sort of shops with blinkers on, even then I seem to come out with more than I went in for

Indigo Blue said...

Hi,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I love the title of yur blog how very very true. I have very basic skills in knitting and I am trying to improve that. i would so love to be able to buy a pattern knowing I could knit it. I get very confused by the instructions!

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

Thanks for the info on the shop. I may never visit it but I like to keep tabs on wool shop sites in case I am ever in that area.
I daren't visit any wool shops as I have such a pile of stash to work through before I buy again. I just know if I visit a shop I will get tempted to buy even more!