Sunday, 24 August 2008

I've been thinking......

that I've got to cut back

I'm being taken over

by THINGS!!!!!! especially crafting things!!!!!

I think a lot of you out there will be able to empathise with this......

My house is bursting at the seams. Yesterday I started to tidy up my work space - AGAIN!! I have a nasty habit at present..... of buying too many craft magazines (it used to be house and women's mags). Once you've bought them and read them, what then, do you do with them? I tear out the bits that I think I might do......when I've time!!! The bits I tore out yesterday fill a hessian shopping bag which is now residing in the loft because at present I haven't got any more space for files.

Today I have given myself a stern talking to. I must limit what mags I buy as it all takes too much time up sorting them all out. I also am going to think much more carefully about what yarn I buy for knitting. I tend to buy yarn and patterns impulsefully and then decide they aren't going to be suitable or I don't like them. I don't want to go down the road of developing a large quilting stash!

I really can understand why a lot of you have been on stash busting excersises. It is so easy to keep buying but then you haven't got time to use all you have.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I've cut back on my magazines aswell. It took some time but I can now walk past a newsagents without having the urge to go in.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

sarahmurray said...

I know exactly what you mean! Quilting and craft magazines are my weakness. I always buy the new ones and can't stop! My pile of magazines is huuuuuge! x

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

I just love crochet magazines. I simply have to get every one of the Interweave ones even though I may only make one thing out of any of them.
I am doing well on the de-stash. I have earmarked 3 colours for projects and started 2 of them. The third is to be started next week.