Monday, 4 August 2008

I'm back!

Well! I'm back!

It's taken me 2 days to recover! I had a great time, an experience I will remember for a long time to come. The weather was good, too hot at times. The boys were great, well behaved and they had a whale of a time. It was a very busy 2 weeks and we managed to see and do a lot, I also walked my little socks off.


This is the camp site. It belongs to the Czech scout group that we stayed with. They camp here every summer for 3-4weeks. This type of camp is traditional in the Czech Republic.

The photo above shows the wooden hut that houses the kitchen and dining areas. The kitchen has a lovely old stove that the Czech leader does all the cooking on. She is an amazing cook and she worked very hard on our behalf. This hut has been extended this summer, previously it just had the kitchen area but they have doubled the size of it to give themselves a good sized dining area.

These are the little tents that we slept in. They sleep 2 on bunks with mattresses which are very comfortable. Our boys liked them but decided over all they prefer our traditional green scout tents where they are together in their patrol groups.
I took my knitting but I'm not talking about that!!!! tonight.
I'll share some other experiences over the next week or so.
By the way Dad is doing great - walking about in the house without crutches. I took him out for the first time today. We went into Northwich so he could go to the library as he is bored to tears.

4 comments:

Gina said...

Nice to see you back. Looks like you had a great time.


Love and hugs Gina xxx

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Love those tents with the wooden bases...they sound comfortable!

Sounds like you had a great time.

Kathy said...

Glad you're back!

Missed you!

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

So glad that you had a good holiday. The tents look very regimental and neat.
I am glad that your dad is on the mend. We ladies take advantage of a spell of immobility by knitting or crocheting. Men just get bored! Another difference between the sexes.