Friday, 8 August 2008

photos & knitting


I was going to post some photos from camp but I've got cross with trying to transfer them from a disk to the computer tonight so I'm afraid I'll have to try on another evening. The photos I want to use need to be rotated. I'll show you one of Prague at sunset instead.


The Oh! Bearded One and I have been out for some tea tonight. We were supposed to go to a leaving 'do' for some neighbours who are emigrating to Australia later in the month. I just didn't fancy it as I felt we wouldn't know anyone and would feel rather uncomfortable. The link is really through SofM and their youngest son as they have been friends since infant school. I enjoyed the meal very much so I think we made the right choice.
I am continuing with the knitting I started to take to the Czech Republic. It is the cardigan featured in the current issue of 'Simply Knitting'. It is done in Patons 100% Cotton DK. I love the yarn, it is smooth with a sheen to it. I love the cardigan and I love the way the yarn knits up but I wasn't happy that my usual size was going to work out 2 sizes too big despite my tension was spot on so it had to be frogged. I had just about got up to the armhole shaping when I realised I had done something strange at the edges and I was going to loose stitches when I came to sew it up so it had to be frogged again. I am now passed the armhole shaping and it is going well. The only thing I am unhappy about is that you can see that the yarn hasn't knitted evenly on the bottom half of the back because of it having been frogged and reknitted. I am hoping it will block or wash out.

2 comments:

.x.Helen.x. said...

Cotton can really stretch widthways so I think you're right to go down a size or two if need be. I'm wearing a top today in Patons Cotton 4 ply - I went down a size but its still big - I think I'm going to have to frog it and go down another size!!! Gorgeous pic, by the way

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

Cotton sometimes shrinks when it is washed. It's unpredicatable I have had cotton knitteds shrink and cotton knitteds stretch. Oftimes it has been the same brand of cotton but a different pattern. No wonder it is so hard to get the size right. My latest project is from unravelled wool so I am hoping my kinky wool will straighten out in the wash.