Tuesday, 1 July 2008

My day out!

Well! we got to Arley Garden Festival and at the time the Oh! Bearded One said we would which is just amazing as he will be late for his own funeral and he was on a Scouting activity in the morning and they always overrun. Also I had to go into work to input data over the Internet on the computer. We only have 1 computer linked to the Internet which our Administor is always on in the week so if I have to use it, it is always in the evenings or at the weekends. Of course this imputing had a deadline to it so bang went my weekend! I lost my sewing day on Sunday but I'm hopeful I will make up for it tomorrow/Thursday.

Here is Arley Hall, home of the Warburton family

and here is the very friendly house cat. It is sat on the parapet of a bridge going over a stream. If you look at the other picture you can see the bridge. The cat sat there for ages letting people pet it.
The Garden Festival was good but I don't think there was as much there as 2 years ago when we went last, the weather was definitely better, hot & sunny. Saturday was warm but cloudy and windy. The Oh! Bearded One got some plants. I was hoping to buy a couple of ready made hanging baskets (we got 2 beauties last time) but there weren't any but I did buy some earrings and a brooch to wear with a couple of edge to edge cardis.
I have been crocheting, I am just finishing the border on the 2nd baby blanket. I would like to do some hand quilting but it has been too hot today.
I've done lots of washing and some ironing today and this evening I went into work again to finish this data imputing (I was in last night until 1am as well) You wouldn't think I was a nurse would you?
On my way home from work tonight I saw something I've never, ever seen in my life - a completely empty motorway. There must have been an accident on the M6 below Sandbach I suspect as I met a lot of traffic coming up from Middlewich and going up the A566 to meet the M6 above Knutsford. The accident must have affected both carriageways to shut the motorway in both directions.


1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What a tolerant cat...I'm going to have to make a visit just to see the cat! He looks adorable!