Monday, 14 July 2008

Well, he's in! I took my Dad to hospital this evening so he's got a bed, so far so good. He is first on the list tomorrow morning. We are all a bit worried as he is a diabetic, has heart disease and an aortic aneurysm (which we have only just found out about). We will find out at lunch time how he is. (Sorry, Jan, he won the bet, hopefully it will be your turn soon, the sooner the better)

The BBQ at work, on Saturday, went quite well. It stayed dry but it was cold so not many residents sat out. We were able to have the actual BBQ outside along with the entertainer and the side stalls. It looks like we raised about £500 for the resident's fund.

On the knitting front I have completed my first dishcloth (photos to follow when I've completed some other stuff, probably when I get back from Scout camp in a couple of weeks time, all assuming Dad is OK and I can go). I have prepared some hand sewing to take and I've got some fingerless gloves to knit. All are small projects that are easily portable.



6 comments:

scarletti said...

I'll add your Dad to my thoughts as I work round all those shawl stitches!

Lynette Anderson said...

Wishing your dad all the best with his new hip. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message.

mandycharlie said...

Fingers crossed and warm wishes for your Dad. My Dad goes in on Thursday for his knee replacement.

Gina said...

My thoughts are with your dad.

Glad the weather held out for you and your BBQ

Love and hugs Gina xxx

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

I don't mind your dad winning the bet.At least one of us is getting treated. Hope it all goes well for him and he will be feeling better soon. My turn could be next.
Pity about the rain on the BBQ but I am sure that everyone enjoyed themselves anyway and congrats on your fund raising.

Annie said...

Sorry to hear about your Dad and hope all goes well for him. My dad also has heart problems and they also recently found an aeortic anyuism inside him. It is a worry. He is not diabetic though. All the best