Monday, 7 July 2008

An update

I am still around. Busy as usual - work etc.

I am crafting too, some knitting, some crochet and some sewing on the machine but I want to finish some things before I post about them.

Today I've been sorting books and bits & bobs for our annual works' BBQ on Saturday. We usually have some side stalls for funding raising and that's what these things are for. (I hope the weather is kind to us, last year it rained and we had to have it inside and it just wasn't the same).

I've had all sorts ideas for making things to sell but I haven't enough time for the BBQ so I'll have a go at some of them in time for Christmas.

It looks like Dad is definitely going to have his hip replacement operation next Tuesday. He was going to be admitted to hospital on the Monday but he had a letter today to tell him to be there starved, for 8am Tuesday morning.

5 comments:

Kellie said...

Good luck to your Dad! I hope that all goes well.

mandycharlie said...

Wishing your Dad well for his operation.

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

It looks like your dad did beat me to the hospital. 2 cancellations and I am still waiting so he did win the bet!
Good luck to you Dad for his op. Hope he is home soon.

Wendy said...

Good luck with the fund raising. And all the best for your Dad's operation.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hope your Dad's surgery goes smoothly! Hope your fund raising is successful and that you get a nice day this year. Can't wait to see what type of things you will be selling.