Tuesday, 17 June 2008

Stupid woman!

Who's the stupid woman? you are asking. Why, me, of course.

On Father's Day the Oh! Bearded One and I took my parents to Ness Gardens on the Wirral. This is a really lovely garden and well worth a visit if you are ever in that neck of the woods.

I took some lovely photos and when I was uploading them at work this evening I managed to not save them properly to my USB stick, meanwhile I deleted them off my camera so I have lost them. I am so cross with myself!!!

So I am showing more photos of our Czexh trip. These 3 photos are of the town we visited in Poland - Klodzko




Note the dull, boring flats on the skyline which I presume were built by the communist regime. It could be a British skyline couldn't it? except for the very red roof tiles which make the area very distinctive on both sides of the border.

These photos were taken from the fort. If you click on the link, it will tell you about the fort and all the tunnels going underneath the hillside. This is what we came to look at with a view to taking the Scouts there in July. We thought it was good so the Scouts will be visiting!
It was really interesting to visit a Polish town as we have Polish staff working for us and it gave me a small insight into what Poland is like.

4 comments:

Gina said...

I've done that before.

I love Ness Gardens. we went there when we were staying in North Wales a year or so back. It's lovely there. Mind you the drive through the village to get there was a bit of an eye opener aswell.

love and hugs xxx

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh that is so fustrating! the kind of thing I do especially if I'm in a hurry and doing too many things at once!

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

I am glad that I am not the only knit wit with a camera. I usually manage to delete the ones I want and keep the ones that I don't!
Often when I save to the computer I have no idea where they finish up. They say saved but are not in the usual file. Hmm total internet dummy - that's me.

clarabelle said...

Lovely photos of Poland - a place I'd love to visit!