Thursday, 26 June 2008

Crochet hooks

I placed an order with Web of Wool the other day and today I recieved it - some Clover crochet hooks in various sizes and some cotton to have a go at knitting a dishcloth as I think they look rather fun. I also recieved something else but I am not revealing that at present.

I really love these crochet hooks, because of the larger handle they are so much easier to use for my poor old hands. and as I am really into crochet at present they will be an investment. I want to make a nice little case for them at some point. You can buy a case with 8 of these hooks in but it costs a lot more than buying the hooks on their own and I felt it just wasn't worth it when I could make one so easily.

Thank you for your kind comments about my post yesterday, I am still planning on a sewing day on Sunday especially as the Oh! Bearded One is involved in a raft race with Scouts. I can't wait!!

I will draw the name for the freebie book on Sunday as well so there is still time to leave a comment on that post if you want to have a go.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I'll be joining you in a sewing day on Sunday as Mal is working all day.

love and hugs xxx

Chocolate Cat said...

Hope you get that sewing day Sunday!

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

I also have a plan to make a crochet ( and a knitting needle) case someday. I have book marked this mhttp://tipnut.com/sewing-pattern-crochet-hook-clutch/
which might give you ideas.
I too bought a set of wooden crochet hooks but have given mine away and reverted back to my old ones. The fancy carving on the ends hurt my hands. I must hold my hooks in a different way to most people.
Good luck with your sewing day - Enjoy.