Friday, 9 May 2008

Still waiting!

I am still waiting for the fabric for Nicole's 2 colour quilt challenge. I hope it comes soon as I've got a dead line for this quilt that I would really like to keep.

Tomorrow is my Scout group's annual jumble sale. We go around the village going door to door collecting any donations of jumble. We tend to get quite a lot doing this way and it helps with recycling! We've not had any knitty or quilty things yet but there's always tomorrow morning. Quite a lot of people drop stuff off for us on the morning of the jumble sale.

One of my LQS is having a sale later in the month and have let me have some sale fabric early so that I can make some lap quilts for wheelchair users at work. I am sick of seeing white hospital blankets being used, they look awful and they are bulky. There are so many beautiful quilt fabrics and they will be so much more interesting to look at.

Still sock knitting, a few rounds each evening!

No hand stitching on SofM's quilt as it has been too hot to have it on my lap while I stitch.

2 comments:

julieQ said...

Sounds like you are a busy lady! Scouts and hospital and quilts for wheelchair patients...I am a nurse too and love Diana Gabaldon!!

Idaho Quilter said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I just read your most recent posts, I am envious of your two color challenge. I will keep an eye on your blog to watchf the progress, Happy Quilting.