Monday, 12 May 2008

Still waiting, still anticipating!

Still waiting for my fabric for the 2 colour challenge. I'm not sure I'll use this web site again, they are too slow!!

Have you noticed 'Google'? It's Florence Nightingale's birthday today ot it would be if she was still alive. I wonder what she would think of today's NHS? I do know she would be very unhappy with the infection control side of things!

No quilting this weekend (I couldn't have coped with hand quilting as it has been too warm) but some card making and a Jumble sale to raise funds for the Scout Group. There was also some stash enhancement going on, both for quilting and for papercraft. There are some new Trimcraft papers out that are lovely! I did manage a few rows on my sock.

Unfortuately I didn't photograph the cards as I have taken them to work. I sold 4 this morning!!

I am hoping to quilt on Thursday as long as I don't have to sacrifice my day off for work.

4 comments:

anne bebbington said...

Hi Ailsa - nice to make your acquaintance with your comment on my blog - my two younger kids are also scouts (one boy, one girl) and DH was a venture leader for years before the kids came along and work took most of his time up - who knows he might even take it up again once we stop running around organising the eldest's rugby team when she goes up to Ladies in two years time - have bookmarked you, will call back from time to time to catch up

clarabelle said...

My paternal grandmother was a matron in an 'infection control' hospital in Surrey - she was quite a scary character, but I bet her wards were spotless! The cutbacks and outsourcing of cleaning services in the NHS has been barmy for years now.

YankeeQuilter said...

The weather has been too nice to do any quilting or knitting! Wish you were around my neighborhood for the jumble sale...I have been clearing out stuff for the past week and today am going to haul it to the charity shop!

Helen in the UK said...

Sounds like you've been busy, busy!! I find that Cottonpatch usually take about a week for orders to arrive, but they are probably at Malvern quilt show this week so it may have delayed things. Frustrating when you're waiting.