Monday, 19 May 2008

A sock and a block

I thought I would show you my sock knitting bag. This little bag was purchased at vast expense (£2.19) from Tesco to hold my sock knitting when I take it out and about.

This is where I'm up to on sock number 2. I keep doing a few rows whilst I'm reading blogs. Other knitting is out the window at present whilst I'm quilting. Quilting has taken over my life at present but I'll come full circle later in the year and start knitting like a demon. That's me!!! All or nothing!!!
This block is part of of the lap quilt I'm going to do for work. You can see where I've cut it into quarters. Now what happens that 2 of the quarters are turned and it's all sewn back together again.

I managed to cut out the blue and white quilt but I've not started sewing the blocks yet, hopefully later in the week.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I love the colours in your quilt.

Quilting has taken over most of my other hobbies aswell. I don't get much time to do my cross stitch and I can't remember the last time I picked up my Lace making.

love and hugs xxx

Knot Garden said...

Your sock knitting looks lovely. I haven't tried knitting socks yet but I like all the sock yarn that's available now. All your projects are beautifully done.

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

I love the colours of the sock and of the quilt.
I am experiencing wrist problems (yet again) and find that I am better if I alternate one craft with another. One hour this - one hour that.
All the crafts get finished in the end and my wrist has less strain.