Monday, 26 May 2008

A quilt top.

On May 19th I showed you this block - a disappearing 9 patch.


Look at it now!! (Looking at the photo I'm not sure I manipulated the cut blocks quite right but in the flesh it looks OK)
Another top!! but sandwiched and ready to quilt. I tried machine quilting it (using a walking foot) but the backing was quite rucked up (I was obviously doing something wrong but I don't know what at present) and I wasn't satisfied with it. I am now hand quilting it.
As you are aware I posted about a quilt top on 16th May that I was making for a work colleague and I am running a little competition to name it. Today I showed photos of it and the one above at work and the consensus was that our colleague would prefer the one above (which is handy as I've started quilting it).
I am still running the naming competition for the other one but I going to close the competition on Wednesday so that my God-Daughter (who comes to stay on Wednesday for 3 days) can draw the winning name. I am sure that I will give this quilt as a comfort quilt to someone else, meanwhile I'll carry on hand quilting the one above!
As our Nursing Home is named after a tree and this quilt is green I am going to name it 'The ******* Hug'

8 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your quilt looks lovely, yes very fresh....

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

I am sure that your friend would love any of your quilts they are all gorgeous.
I have got my sewing machine out today but only to sew a bag lining. My talent definitely isn't sewing!

Sweet P said...

I love the colors in your quilt. They are so soft and cuddly.

Jorja's Nanna said...

Hi Ailsa,
I have been busy blog browsing and found you this morning. I love the green quilt. Also like the other colourful one a lot. I think your work friend will be very happy with whichever you decide.
I'll return to visit you again soon. In the meantime, I will include you in my favourites.
Cheers
Jenny

Ann J said...

That is so spring-like and very pretty! Love the colours!!

Kathy said...

I'm not much for sewing but with all the quilting going on out there, I am tempted to drag it out.

It looks lovely. You're so talented.

I answered your comment on my blog since I lost your email address when my computer crashed.

Tonje said...

What beautiful colours you used for this quilt.

quiltygal said...

lovely quilt my friend has just made this but a scrappy version I must admit I like the more organised version better:) but maybe thats just my ocd coming out!!
Claire in Aus
ps having my first giveaway so come visit