Monday, 5 May 2008

2 colour quit challenge

The other day I listed some of the quilting projects I want to do, so what do I go and do? I go and join Nicole in her 2 colour quilt challenge. I'm not sure why I am doing this as I am a novice quilter and I haven't really got the time but I thought it would be a good idea at the time. As you may have realised other than knitting socks, knitting has gone out of the window (having said that I bought the cobblestone pullover for The Oh! Bearded One from Interweave Press this evening). Quilting has taken over! Big Time!!!

The idea of the challenge is to make a quilt from just 2 colours of fabric by August 1st. This is a good deadline for me as I go out to the Czech Republic on July 19th and I would like to take this out to the Czech female Scout Leader as I know she would really appreciate it. This gives me the impetus to get going on it and get it finished.

I've ordered the basic fabric from Cottonpatch which will take a week so this gives me time to decide what pattern I will use. The blocks need to be simple to make and I will machine quilt it, again, very simply.

I am quite excited about this!

1 comment:

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

Summer is coming so Oh Bearded One won't need his sweater until winter (Ha Ha I say this convincingly in the hope of willing Summer to happen!)
My ex used to complain that it always took me three times as long to knit something for him than when I was knitting for anyone else!