Tuesday, 29 April 2008

A FO and quilting

Today has been the last day of my leave. I go back to work tomorrow. What have I achieved off the list I made at the beginning of my leave, I hear you ask? Well, very little housework other than washing the mattress cover & valence off our bed and tidied up our bedroom a little. I caught up on the washing but no ironing has been done.

I haven't made any cards for work either, although I've cout some bits out in preparation.

But I have done this!





Sof M's quilt. It's sandwiched together, pinned and I have started quilting. I am hand quilting it as I don't feel confident machine quilting it at the moment. The hand quilting needs practise as well but I love doing it.


This is the manipulated flower wall hanging that I went to the workshop to do last Wednesday. It is completely finished and ready to hang. I learnt a lot from doing this and I am pleased with the finished result, I don't think it is bad for a 1st attempt at something like this.


A close up of the flowers.



and a close up of the stem stitching and applique on the leaves.


Last but not least a sock!!! Trumpets and fanfares!!!! Put up the bunting and balloons and lets' have a party! I have completed a sock that I am happy with. I've also started the second one!
Also this last week I have completed the blocks for my work collegue's quilt but I forgot to take a photo of them. In fact I've enough blocks for 2 lap quilts and as I love the fabric so much, I'll prbably make myself one as well.
There were a good few mornings when I didn't get up much before 10am as I haven't slept very well, I think because I've been out of my work routine.





7 comments:

mandycharlie said...

Your quilting is lovely, such incredibly neat stitching. I love your very first sock, it is very impressive. Socks are so lovely to knit and the choice of yarns is incredible.

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

You iron? I try not to unless something absolutely needs it.
I love the manipulated flower wall hanging it is so pretty.
Far better that you spent your time making something pretty than doing the ironing. Life is too short for ironing. No one is going to look back and remember you as a good ironer but they will remember you for the quilts and wall hangings.

Knot Garden said...

Your hand quilting is beautifully even, and I love the 3-dimensional flowers on your wallhanging. I've never knitted socks but I do like all the nice sock yarns that are available now. All much more worthwhile pastimes than ironing:)

The Calico Quilter said...

OK, you can quilt beautifully, knit, and also craft those great flowers on the wall hanging? A triple threat! You do beautiful work.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Your quilting looks great. I can't wait to see it finished and your flower hanging looks great.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello. You are a "new to me" blog and I've added you to my reader so I'll be back again. :o)

scarletti said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog. Wow, you've been productive, my word! I love the colours you've chosen on all your projects. I particularly like the close-up of your flowers. Beautiful.

julieQ said...

Such beautiful hand-quilting! I am impressed with your sock, I just cannot knit despite heroic efforts...:)