Tuesday, 1 April 2008

Socks, b£$%^&", socks

Above photo - this was a sock I cast on for SofM in Regia Kaffe Fassett Design Line, colourway Landscape Earth

Above photo - this a pair of socks I had cast on for myself in Regia, colourway 5025 Papillion

As you will be aware I have a love, hate relationship with knitting socks, actually more of a hate than a love relationship. In recent months I have cast on these 2 cuff down ones and frogged them both as I wasn't happy with them one way or another.


I have previously posted I have also recently cast on a toe up sock with which I am have difficultly with the heel. Tonight I have put this aside and recast on the sock yarn in the 2nd picture. I have cast on for a cuff down sock again as I have knitted this pattern successfully before. I have cast this on because I want something easy and small to take away with me at the weekend when we go to the Lake District.

So wish me luck and if you have advice please let me know

1 comment:

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

I am with you on the love/hate thing with socks. I love the look of fine hand knitted socks but hate wrestling with 5 needles the size of darning needles.
I like the quickness of crochet socks or socks knitted on larger needles but am not as enamoured with them in wear.
As for knitting socks on circulars or toe ups - forget it. Seeing people knit 2 socks a once on circulars sends shivers up my spine akin to watching a tarantula crawl up my arm!