Wednesday, 5 March 2008

Special Birthday!

No photos as promised on my last post, I've not been around in daylight to photograph all the things I want to show.

Tomorrow it is SofM's 18th birthday! I can't believe he is 18. I am having a bit of a hard time getting my head round that I am no longer legally responsible for any children and that SofM is off to university in the back end. I have really enjoyed being a Mother and I know that Mothering (my Mum says it doesn't matter how old the child is, you don't stop worrying) won't stop because he's gone to Uni but it isn't quite the same as when you've little ones about. When both kids have left home I really will suffer with 'empty nest' syndrome.

Still no chocolate!!!

2 comments:

clarabelle said...

I hadn't thought anything about how I would feel until we dropped my youngest off at uni some years back. I was in tears in the car driving off (and I'm not prone to tears)! You do get over it though, and you REALLY get to enjoy not having a bombsite of a house any more!

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

It doesn't matter how old they are when they leave home you still miss them. My one chick didn't leave home until his 30's and the house still feels too quiet without him even though I didn't always appreciate his choice of loud heavy metal music when he lived at home!