Sunday, 9 March 2008

Photo post 4

This is my new knitting bag that a work collegue bought for me from a shop at Cheshire Oaks. It is a Lacoste handbag really but it has made a great knitting bag. There is this seperate purse/makeup case which is attached to the main bag. It is the right size for stitch holders, tape measure etc and I can't lose it! The main bag has a large inside pocket too, good for patterns and notes etc.



Look how far I've got with my quilting! This quilt is going to be a lap quilt for the back of my sofa in the lounge. Unfortunately this photo really doesn't do it justice. The colours are much richer in reality. I think the block used is called the friendship block. The blocks are complete and I've started the sashings and I am hoping to do a bit more to it on Friday. The other really positive thing about this, is that the Oh! Bearded One likes it!


These 2 little blocks are as a result of me messing about with hand piecing as I fancied a go at this. I am going to have a go at some more as I have found the hand piecing soothing. I've no idea what I'll do with them but I'm sure I'll have an idea eventually.



On Sunday DD & I are going to Birmingham to the NEC for the Sewing for Pleasure exhibition. I am really looking forward to it! Whilst I am there I want to look at fabric for SofM. I want to make him a quilt to take to university later in the year. I was quite surprised when I suggested it to him he was positive about it.
P.S still no chocolate - 10 days to go until chocolate for breakfast!



No comments: